A GREAT KIT FOR THOSE WANTING TO EXPERIMENT WITH CASINGS
Click to enlarge image(s)
OR BAG SPAWNING.
Glass jars have several advantages over bags for mushroom substrate and spawn preparation. With glass jars:
- 2 x One pound (1.2lbs) sterilized USDA Organic rye berry quart glasss jars. 2.4lbs Total.
- All jars include propietary Earth's Tongue re-usuable lid with dual 0.2 micron filters, gasket, and injector site.
- Rye has been enriched with a house blend of vitamins and calcium for added nutrition.
- A 10 lb DOUBLE BAGGED Sterilized and highly nutritious Casing / Bag Spawning Mix (makes 2 bags).
- A 20cc spore syringe of your choice.
- Substrate can be handled without disturbing the contents or putting pressure on substrate and mycelium.
- Much easier to initially mix contents and ditribute spores or culture solution.
- When its time to break up and re-mix berries for faster colonization, it can be done with ease without smashing or damaging rye kernels.
- Less chances of damage to outer surface such as tiny holes from handling, shipping, and moving which leads to contamination.
- Less chances of manufacturing defects.
- Glass is cleaner, clearer and BPA FREE.
- Glass jars are reusable and there's less waste and trash.
- The dual 0.2 micron filtered lid with injector site and silicon gasket is reusable.
- Glass transfers heat much better than plastics and makes substrates prepared in glass much less likely to fall to contamination.
Rye can be used to grow basically any species of mushrooms.
Whole grain rye contains a very nutritious base for mycelium, helping to promote strong healthy threads.
All you have to do is inject through the rubber injector site with your favorite spores.
TO MAINTAIN PROPER WATER CONTENT IN JAR, USE 5ccs-7ccs OF SPORES OR CULTURE MAXIMUM. MORE IS NOT BETTER
Colonizes EXTREMELY fast!
After rye jars are fully colonized, you will follow the same technique as used in the video below.
The rye used in video is in bags but the same exact technique is used for the rye jars.
You will add the contents of 1 fully colonized rye jar in each casing soil / compost bag (making atotal of 2 large bags.)
You can use an impulse sealer to reseal the compost bags or you can use bag clips which we sell here.
SPAWNING WITH RYE IN BAGS VIDEO
QUICK AND SIMPLE RYE SPAWNING TECHNIQUE.
THE TRADITIONAL CASING METHOD CAN ALSO BE USED.